To be eligible for a loan you must:
- Have refugee status in the UK
- Intend to work in the same field you worked in before arriving in the UK
- Lack access to alternative finance
- Not have an undischarged bankruptcy
- Have a strong ambition to return to work
*Please note we do not currently fund Masters degrees.
To support your loan application you must:
- Have a plan that sets out what you need to do to return to work. (If you are struggling with this please let us know and our employment officer will be able to assist)
- Have English skills that enable you to return to work. If you don't currently have the needed level of English please enrol for RefuAid's free language courses here: www.refuaid.org/language
- Have a reasonable chance of obtaining employment in the field.
- Be committed to paying back the loan.
- Complete an application and satisfy our requirements.
- Demonstrate good character.